"I’ve been a Math and Science teacher for many years—and I love to teach students individually. I also work at Aspire Learning Community and Green Mountain Valley School (talk about dream jobs!)"
Be in touch!
Email me to learn more or set up a time to meet: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Kathleen Mehuron, M.Ed, Post Office Box 59, Waitsfield, VT 05673
Milwaukee Area Technical College. Milwaukee, WI. Photographic Engineering.
University of Oregon. Eugene, OR. Bachelor of Science.
William Patterson College. Wayne, NJ. Graduate courses completed to obtain Mathematics certification in addition to Sciences.
University of Vermont. Was awarded a grant to study the core graduate courses for the L.D. concentration.
Saint Michael’s College. Master of Education Degree. Self designed to address the way students learn Mathematics.
• Additional Graduate Courses and Related Training: School to Work, Service Learning, Real Enterprises (Building Entrepreneurial Skills Workshop) Personal Computer Applications, Mac Computer Applications, Math Portfolios, Special Education, Connected Math, MathScape, IMP, TI-83, the Circle of Courage, Outdoor Science and STEM, Middle Level, Writing Across the Curriculum, Reading Across the Curriculum, Construction Using Geometry, Art and Math, Advanced Algebra II/Trigonometry, Introduction to Online Teaching, Blackboard and EDU 2.0,Common Core, STEM, How to Communicate Mathematics.
2-11 (7 to12 Mathematics)
2-13 (7 to 12 Science)
4-19 (5 to 8 Middle Grades in Math and Science)
Middle Level Education
**Highly Qualified in all the above certifications. Documentation in PDF format upon request.
• Developed new Curriculum in every position that I have held.
• Lead teacher in Middle Levels.
• Taught district wide Teacher Trainings.
• District Math and Science Committees.
• 21st Century Skills and GMVS Learning Outcomes.
• Statistics Committee for recertification.
Most Recent Positions
• 2017 Founding member of Aspire Learning Community.
• 2008 to present: Green Mountain Valley School, Waitsfield, VT. 7th, 8th Grade Math, Algebra I, Geometry, Connected Math, Original Integrated Math Units, Integration with Science, Art and Writing projects. Math tutoring and individualized courses at all levels.
• 2006 to 2009 Community Colleges of Vermont, Created and piloted the Access to Success Program.Professor of Mathematics, College Algebra and Basic Mathematics.
• Wrote and taught a six credit integrated summer Math and Physics program for Montpelier High School Juniors and seniors. Long term substitute Math position at my son’s school- Harwood Union High School. Developed real estate in New Mexico. Launched Art by Design- small business.
• 1996 to 2006. U32 Junior/Senior High School. Teacher of Mathematics, Science, Service Learning for off-site Alternative Program. Home school coordination and on the job mentor coordination. Extensive trail work and projects for habitat for humanity.
(Middle Level Math includes 7th and 8th Connected Math and MathScape.)
• Wrote the program for our middle school that I designed to raise the 7th and 8th grade student’s ability to meet Vermont Standards and Grade Level Expectations.
• Lead teacher for middle level math.
• Active member of the District Math Committee, NEASC Recertification Committee and Responsive Classroom Committee.
• Teamed daily with 7th grade team and Special Educators.
• Developed a two-year looping curriculum for both Science and Math.
• Lead a district wide training on Personal Learning Plans and Coordination.
Before coming to Vermont I taught at:
• George Washington Middle School. Ridgewood, N.J. 6th and 7th Grade Life Sciences. 8th Grade Physical Science, 6 Grade Math. Ballet instructor and Choreographer for school plays.
• Curriculum Writer of 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Science Programs.
When I came to Vermont:
• Full time mother of three sons and volunteer for their schools and activities.
• Math, Science and Music tutor. Teacher of Dance. Part time musician, singer, publicity/promotion/booking agent, and photographer. Advocate and counselor for women and children’s organizations. Started Operation Warm Kids.
• Harwood Union High School. Moretown, VT. Teacher of 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Grade Math. Choreographer of the Spring Musical.
• Barre Town School. Teacher of 7th Grade Math, Science, Social Studies and 8th Grade Math.
Published Author. Travel, Mixed Media Photographic, Hiking, Digital Arts, Music, Photography.
Flight Attendant for international airline, Owner/Operator of Country Inn, Real Estate, Professional Singer and Musician, Professional Artist.